A messages from USA. from my e.mail / 23-06-2024


By : author, Salah El Din Mohssein



From , Mrs Sarah DeValkenaere
 

 
23-6-2024

Dear Friend 

I wish I could sit down with you face to face instead of writing this e-mail 
That's a picture of me and my husband, Eric, so you at least know what we look like 

Eric is a Detective with the Kansas City Police Department 

I wanted to send a picture of us with our three beautiful children – but in this current political climate, I don't feel safe sharing photos of our kids on the Internet 

When I tell you what happened, I think you'll understand. And I pray that you'll find it in your heart to help me save my husband 

You see, it all started in early December – a few weeks before Christmas 

One of Eric's fellow detectives witnessed two vehicles speeding through the city streets – one was clearly chasing the other – and the police helicopter quickly got involved. A spotter in the helicopter was able to locate the suspect in a red pickup truck… still speeding down city streets 

The driver, 26-year-old Cameron Lamb, was chasing his ex-girlfriend in a stolen truck – weaving across lanes and running through stoplights 

My husband and his partner responded to the call and caught up with the suspect as he attempted to back the stolen truck into a garage 

Both detectives got out of their police vehicles and approached the stolen truck while repeatedly ordering the suspect to STOP and SHOW HIS HANDS 

That's when it happened 

As Eric's partner approached the driver's side, the suspect reached into his waistband and pulled out a handgun – pointing it directly at the detective 

My husband's police training kicked in  

He fired four rounds in the direction of the suspect through the truck's front windshield. The truck continued traveling into the garage where it finally came to a stop 

When officers entered, they found the suspect deceased – his arm hanging out the open window with a .45 semi-automatic pistol on the ground below 

That night, when Eric returned home, I hugged him and burst into tears. I was so thankful he was safe – and hopeful we could move forward and put this episode behind us 

But it didn't end there 

Several months later, the local prosecutor charged Eric with MANSLAUGHTER and Armed Criminal Action 

I was in shock 

Then late last year, my husband finally went to trial. The judge ruled against him – and Eric was sentenced to 6 years in prison 

Now you understand why I'm asking for your help 

My husband is an honest man of integrity who followed in his father's law enforcement footsteps. Eric himself is a decorated, 21-year veteran of the Kansas City Police Department 

He's a role model in our community – a Little League baseball coach, a tireless volunteer, and a loving husband and father 

My husband is a hero 
But it didn't matter to the prosecutor that the suspect recklessly swerved a stolen truck through city streets… that he was violent toward his ex-girlfriend and endangered the lives of her two children… that he pointed a stolen gun directly at a police officer 

For serving our community for over 20 years – and risking his life – my has been shipped to an out-of-state prison 

And since the Missouri Supreme Court recently declined to take up Eric's case, that's where he'll stay for the next six years unless he receives a pardon from the Governor of Missouri. He'll miss our wedding anniversaries, our children's birthdays, their graduations(?), and our home will be left without the father and husband we love 

Even if Eric's good name is eventually cleared, just thinking about the cost of his defense and now our efforts to get him pardoned is overwhelming 

... but thank God we got a call from Jason Johnson, President of the Law Enforcement Legal Defense Fund (LELDF) 

If you've ever heard of LELDF you know they're a national group fighting on behalf of wrongly accused police officers like Eric 

LELDF has helped dozens of innocent cops – and their families – at their lowest moments 

And with the thought of trying to suddenly raise our three children alone – I was certainly at one of the lowest moments of my life 

Not only did the LELDF board decide to help provide Eric with the best possible legal defense, but now they're helping us launch a nationwide petition campaign urging Missouri Governor Mike Parson to pardon Eric 

But as a non-profit organization, they depend solely on generous gifts from folks like you to defend officers like Eric  

I truly believe God is using Jason and the LELDF to answer our prayers  

That's because my husband and I are not wealthy people. I'm a kindergarten teacher and Eric is a career cop 

So I must ask you one of the toughest questions I've ever asked anyone 

Will you donate $35 or any amount to LELDF today to help save my husband 


If I had anywhere else to turn, I wouldn't be so bold as to ask for your help 

But I am so scared for Eric and I will do whatever I can for him – and for our children 

So I pray you'll find it in your heart today to make a tax-deductible gift of $35, $50, $100 or more to the Law EnfEnforcement Legal Defense Fund 

Eric and I – and our three kids – are counting on the good nature and generosity of kind neighbors like you to help bring Eric home where he belongs 

No matter what you're able to give today, please pray for  us   
Thank you in advance for your support

,Sincerely
Sarah DeValkenaere 

================================

____________________________

تعليقات